Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Thing that happened to me today #19

Went to the doctor this morning, my eye was itching and irritated for a few days, I knew it was pink eye before I had even called for the appointment. It was clarified by a professional. What is with it being called pink eye anyway? I think it should be called itchy eye, or irritated eye syndrome, or just plain eye infection. Pink eye just doesn't cut it in my book, it's not flashy enough. It doesn't quite describe the symptoms enough, at least the ones that annoy you about having it. Pink eye should just be what you get when you partake in the use of natures number one plant. I have seen this in people before. Doctors should take some notes from newer conditions that are more properly named such as irritable bowel syndrome, genital warts, or acid reflux disease, which, by the way, I was also diagnosed with today (the latter one, not the former two, whew!). Been having acid reflux for awhile, finally decided to ask about it while there, and sure enough, I've got it. On some meds now for both, and apparently they are both curable. Obviously not surprising for itchy eye, but it is for acid reflux disease. They say you can be on the meds for two months and never have problems with it again. I am, as usual, a skeptic. I sure hope so though, I'll see I guess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It works, bro. I never get heart burn. Good luck.

-Jonny

Gwydion said...

How do you both have this and not me?

Ben Alsop said...

I dont know, we all had hernias, so maybe you should step up and get some acid reflux. We are counting on you.