Saturday, August 11, 2007

Thing that happened to me today #13

Crazy thunderstorm last night. The kind where you get woken up at 3am because a bolt of lightning might as well have struck your house (It didn't) because it was so loud and crashing that I flew three feet out of the bed. I was already having a hard time sleeping because I was stuck to the sheets with sweat because of the broken AC, this didn't help. The kids were up a ton too, just a bad night. When I got up and went to work our power was out and there were trees down everywhere, luckily none of mine and the power was only out a couple hours, it was nasty though. It reminded me of a storm that hit when I was young where a bolt of lightning actually did hit our house. I still distinctly remember a seeing the vinyl siding on part of our house missing and scattered all over the yard, not to mention several broken windows. Scary stuff. AC was fixed today, only $250, was extremely relieved about this, I was certain it was done for altogether. Whew!

No comments: