Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Thing that happened to me today #8

Wednesday and Thursday of last week was disease reading season as described in an earlier post. This is part of the reason I have not posted in a while, that and I was trying to paint the exterior of my house, more on that later. Plus my father was in town, and my brother, and my birthday over the weekend, etc. Again, more on all this later. For two long days I walked a field and examined 2400 barley plants. One at a time. Back pain was not as bad as expected. The cool thing is some of these lines we rate are the barleys being bred by Anheuser-Busch. They select which ones to keep in their breeding program based upon our ratings. This year was the first that I was the one responsible for doing the ratings for their lines. So in an extremely subtle, in all honesty, an almost non-existent way, I am responsible for the selection of the main ingredient in one of the worlds most enjoyable beverages. Albeit, one of the worlds worst versions of it, Budweiser beer.

No comments: