Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thing that happened to me today #3

I will just type out the letter I received today:

Dear Ben,

I am pleased to inform you that you have been awarded the M. F. Kernkamp Scholarship for 2007. You exemplify the positive characteristics that we seek in our graduate students and the department is pleased to honor you in this way.

The department awards ceremony is planned for September 20, 2007. The event will provide an opportunity to officially recognize your achievements. Please plan to be present for the ceremony. Again, congratulations and best wishes.

Sincerely,
Carol Ishimaru
Professor and Head

This is great. Couldn't be more happy. This is not only normally a cool thing, but especially so this year because it happens to be at our departments centennial celebration that I will be awarded this. We boast the oldest and one of the best Plant Pathology departments in the nation. I think the former graduate of our department and 1979 Nobel Peace Prize winner Norman Borlaug will be in attendance. Way cool, plus I get $750.

1 comment:

Gwydion said...

Congratulations!!!!